Home Acne Treatments Tips
Over the counter and prescription acne treatments often contain chemicals that many people do not wish to use. Instead, these people search for home treatments for acne. There are many home treatments for acne that actually do work. Here are some things you can try.
1. Apply essential oils, such as Tea Tree Oil, Bergamot Oil, Clove Oil, Lavender Oil, and Rosewood Oil. For sensitive skin, dilute the oil with grapeseed oil. Apply the oil before going to bed at night, then wash it away in the morning with a pure soap, such as Ivory, and clean water.
2. If you are not taking any medications that could cause you to be overly sensitive to the sun, try getting some sunshine everyday. The purpose is not to tan to hide the acne. Instead, the sun actually kills the bacteria, and dries up the sebum oil that produces acne. This is a common home treatment for acne that doesn't cost anything.
3. Acne begins on the inside of the body, not on the surface of the skin. Drink plenty of water - at least eight glasses per day - to help detoxify your body and cure acne. Also eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. For home treatment for acne, apply an oatmeal mask at least once or twice a week. Cook oatmeal, and while it is still warm (not scalding hot) apply it to your entire face. Allow the oatmeal to dry, then wash it away. You can also use dried oatmeal, dampened - but not cooked - with warm water as a facial scrub to exfolliate the skin and clean the pores.
5. Avoid eating processed foods, and stick to more natural fruits and vegetables. No food has ever been scientifically proven to cause acne, however, if you have a food allergy, the allergy often results in acne. Many people have food allergies, and go their entire lives without knowing it. Don't assume that a food allergy will leave you unconscious on the floor - the allergic reaction can appear in many forms, like acne breakouts. You can visit an allergist for a simple blood test to find out if you have any food allergies. There are many other home treatments for acne, some of which work, and some of which do not work. The important thing is to drink plenty of water, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, get plenty of sleep, wash your face at least twice a day, and take vitamins - especially vitamin A and vitamin E.
Laser Hair Removal Articles
Laser Hair Removal Books
Laser Hair Removal